Crab Stuffed Haddock
-2.5 lb Haddock filets
-1 cup Flour
-1 tbsp salt
-½ tbsp blk pepper
-½ tbsp onion powder
-½ tbsp garlic powder
-¼ tbsp cayenne pepper
-2 cups whole eggs beaten
-¼ lb melted butter
-Spray vegetable oil
-Lemon pepper to taste
-Baking pan large enough to accommodate fish in single layer
1. Mix flour, garlic, salt, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne
together and place in a shaker bag or dipping pan.
2. Lightly season filets with lemon pepper.
3. Dip filets in beaten egg, then place in shaker bag in small amounts
and shake until all pieces are evenly coated.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees, spray baking pan with oil.
5. Cut a slit in each filet, place in pan with a scoop of stuffing in the
slit part and on top of fish, then brush with butter.
6. Bake covered for 20 minutes, then remove cover and bake another
10 minutes to brown the filets, serve with lemon and your favorite
-1/2 gal. Fresh Bread Crumbs
-2lb. Lump Crab or imitation crab meat
-1c Celery diced small
-1 lb. Fresh Mushrooms lg, sliced
-1ea Onions small diced
-1/2 c Swiss cheese shredded
-1T Fresh thyme, chopped
-1T Garlic chopped, in oil
-1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1. Melt 1/4 lb margarine in kettle. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic,
celery, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Cook mixture for 5 minutes at 300° F until mushrooms and onions
are tender and liquid has sweated out of them. Drain.
3. Shut heat off and stir in fresh breadcrumbs and diced crab.
4. Remove mixture to large container.
5. When mixture has slightly cooled mix in ½ gal grated Swiss cheese.
White Wine Sauce
-¼ lb Butter
-2 qts Heavy Cream
-1/8 C Chicken Base
-1 C Diced Chives
-3 C White Wines
-¼ lb Flour
1. Melt ¼ lb butter and add ¼ lb of flour to make Roux.
2. Heat the heavy cream, chicken base and white wine over low heat
3. Add the chives and thicken the sauce with the Roux.
4. Heat until well incorporated stirring occasionally.
Head to www.machineshed.com for more information.