Kids 15-years-old and younger can discover the fun of ice fishing at the 22nd annual Kids Ice
Fishing Clinics on Saturday, Feb.9, at park ponds and lagoons in Milwaukee and Waukesha
The free clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Participants receive instruction on the
proper use of equipment and techniques, knot tying, safety and much more. The clinics last 45
minutes and begin every hour on the hour starting at 9 a.m., with the last one starting at 2 p.m.
If the weather and ice conditions allow, kids will be able to fish after receiving the classroom
Locations in Milwaukee County:
- Humboldt Park, 3000 S. Howell Ave., hosted by Great Lakes Sport Fishermen and Milwaukee
- McCarty Park, 8214 W. Cleveland, a wheelchair accessible site, clinic hosted by Southside
- McGovern Park, 5400 N. 51st St., a wheelchair accessible site, clinic hosted by Okauchee
- Scout Lake, 5902 W. Loomis Rd., a wheelchair accessible site, clinic hosted by Walleyes
- Wilson Park, 1601 W. Howard Ave., hosted by Wisconsin Fishing Club.
Locations in Waukesha County:
- Menomonee Park/Lannon Quarry, Townline Road, (1/2 mile north of Good Hope Road,
Menomonee Falls), hosted by Badger Fishermen’s League.